Monday, December 1, 2014

week #29 - Linstead (and a transfer!)

Hey fam!


Happy Thanksgiving!  My week has been really good. It is weird to be on my last week in Linstead.  I have been here to for so long and made so many good friends.  I am going to miss them.  I am getting transferred to Boulevard, Kingston.  I will be opening up a new area there with Elder McGregor.  I am really excited to get started.  It is such a privilege to be able to open up a new area.  Not many missionaries get that opportunity.  Elder McGregor is Jamaican, so I am going to be the ONLY white guy.  That will be a little different.  I am really looking forward to it.  I have not yet had the opportunity to serve with a Jamaican companion.  I have heard he is really cool.  He was serving with Elder Biddulph in Negril for the past few transfers. 

Transfers will be on Wednesday.  I am excited to go and get on to something new.  It should be interesting. 

I had the opportunity to teach in Zone Meeting last week.  My lesson went really well.  The whole thing was lead by the spirit, so it was really powerful.  Everyone was able to learn a lot.  I started off by calling up three missionaries and asking them about the "Standards of Excellence".  I asked them if they were keeping them.  The answer was "no" in every case. (The Standards of Excellence are mission goals we all want to achieve, but they are pretty lofty).  I then asked them if they were doing their best.  The answer was "yes".  I then had Elder Jernigan walk over and slap a "NOT ENOUGH" sign on their chest and announced to everyone that "their best was not enough."  I slapped one on my own chest and let everyone know that our best is not enough.  Then we moved into talking about the enabling power of the atonement, and how we can be enough.  I was able to teach well.  The spirit was strong. It went really well.  I am grateful that we were all able to learn from it.

I got the Thanksgiving package!  Thanks mom.  We really enjoyed it.
For Thanksgiving, we made our own dinner of fried chicken, instant potatoes and stuffing, and cake.  It was really good.  I made the fried chicken myself.  It was a success.  I was happy.  We all wore our thanksgiving hats you sent.  I am running out of time, but I will send pix next week.

I hope you are all well. Enjoy the snow for me. I am jealous. 
I love you all!
Love, E. Pullan




No comments:

Post a Comment