Monday, November 4, 2013

Week #16 in May Pen -A Baptism!

Hey family-

The baptism this week was awesome.  It was an amazing experience to see these two young kids make that commitment to the Lord.  And to be able to be the one to baptize them.  Sandre ran up to me when he got to the church and gave me a big hug. He was yelling, "You're gonna baptize me!" and walked around with me until the service started.  Finally having some success is a huge strength to me, and I thank the Lord for it. 

This week has been slow. Between torrential rainstorms, finding the board game, Risk, in our apartment (yes), Elder Fowkes birthday (I got floured pretty bad on accident. Its not fun), and Elder Fowkes being sick, we had fun.

I got to draw for 10 hours while Elder Fowkes was sick.  I have another masterpeice in the works.  Yes! I really miss the days of drawing all day and friends all night. That is just another part of the work though. 

We have to drop Leonardo. He is reading the Book of Mormon, but he has not made it to church, and he does not have the desire to progress. That will be a sad lesson to have with him.  I am not looking forward to it. 

I bought some milk this week! It cost an arm and a leg, but it was soooo worth it. 

We got to go and help out at the Carribean day of service. We painted one of the wards in the infirmary here. The conditions there were terrible. I was just glad that I could help out. The ward looked very nice by the time we were done, and it was good to spend some time with some of our awesome ward members. 

Halloween sounded like fun. My halloween was rather uneventful... oh well. It looks like you all had a great time.

Lydia- We live in an apartment above Mama and Papa P's house. They are our landlords. They are great people.

Nathan- I would love a reggae cd for christmas. I get sick of  EFY music sometimes. Most of the time. All the time.

I love you guys. Keep up the good work everyone. Enjoy the cold and the snow for me!

Bless and love,
Elder Pullan

No comments:

Post a Comment