Monday, April 14, 2014

week #15 - Montego Bay

Hello everyone,

It sounds like you all had a fantastic week! I bet the kids were so surprised. I really enjoyed hearing from all of you.

I am really jealous that you got to go to the Getty Villa. Yes, I remember it. I would honestly rather go there than Disneyland for sure. But Disneyland sounds fun too, I guess.

The weeks fly by here. This week, we got in a lot of productive lessons. One of our investigators, Prince, should be getting baptized on Sunday. It is really interesting to me that those that are truly ready for the gospel convert themselves.  Many that we work hard with don't make it, and yet there are those who simply get it, and we don't have to do much more than simply teach the lessons. It ends up working out great. 

A lot of the members are leaving in a week to go to the temple in the Dominican Republic. It will be a great experience for them. I am excited to see the increased strength in the ward after they get back. We will have more sealed and endowed members, and the youth will get the chance to do baptisms. 

President Brown has put a huge emphasis on people getting to the temple lately. The church growth is slowly increasing here. The church will be strong here one day soon. 

I don't have a whole lot of time this week due to Flat Stanley and being locked out of the church on account of a jammed lock, so I need to wrap things up. I will write more next week. I love you guys!  Take care and enjoy your week back at work!

Love, Daniel

********************************************************************************

Note:  Nathan's class read the book "Flat Stanley".  It's about a boy who gets squished flat on accident and in one of the chapters, he gets mailed in an envelope to a friend.  Nathan's class each mailed a "Flat Stanley" to someone they know who doesn't live in Heber.  That person was supposed to take Flat Stanley with them on some adventures and write about them.  Nathan sent his Flat Stanley to Jamaica and Daniel wrote a letter this week to Nathan's class and included pictures of Flat Stanley's adventures in Jamaica.  (Daniel drew his own Flat Stanley since Nathan's hasn't arrived in Montego Bay yet.)

Hi! My name is Elder Pullan. I live in Montego Bay, Jamaica, as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Flat stanley got to spend the week here with me. We had a great time!

Our morning started with teaching our land lady, Jennifer. Stanley had some great thoughts that he shared.

Stanley really enjoyed the heat and the beautiful views of the ocean. Montego Bay is on the north coast of  Jamaica, so we are really close to the beach. There are a lot of hills here. There are fruit trees too! Jamaica is beautiful. 

Stanley got to meet Allison later in the day. He really liked her. She helped us teach her.  Stanley got to try some of the lasagna we made up at Allison's that night. His friend Ethan was amazed by how great the lasagna was. Lasagna is not Jamaican food, but it is delicious. 

Stanley got to spend some time in the gully with Elder Hall and I later in the week. The gully is a jungle. Stanley helped Elder Hall chase a pig off of the path in the gully. 

I had a really great week with Stanley. I hope you all liked learning about Jamaica!

Thanks guys,
Love, Elder Pullan

Elder Hall in the gully chasing a Pig!

Flat Stanley in the gully with Elder Pullan

Ethan - showing surprise at Flat Stanley


Flat Stanley eating lasagna in Jamaica


Flat Stanley with landlady Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment