Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week #17 May Pen

Hey fam-

Info on baptisms:  It is a boy and a girl. Not two boys. The boy, Sam, his grandmother is a strong member. His mother is not baptized, but comes to church here and there. The girl is his cousin. Her sister is a member, and has encouraged her to get baptized too. They are both a handful, but I am supposedly good with kids, so they like me. They are great kids, and they really desired to do what their heavenly father asks of them. They were both so happy after they were baptized. You could tell that they were feeling that same warmth and acceptance that I felt at my baptism. They are still a little crazy, but that's expected. They will learn more as time goes on. I met both of them through Sam's grandma. They live in the half of May Pen that got cut out of my area, but they still wanted me to baptize them. 

I've included a picture of  me, Sam and Valerie right before their baptism. That was an awesome experience. Valerie was scared to go all the way under the water when she got baptized. Really scared. I reassured her, and continued with the ordinance, baptizing her in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. As she came up out of the water, you could see the joy she felt. It was the same joy and acceptance that I felt from my heavenly father when I was baptized. She was so happy. I will never forget that moment. 

I may leave May Pen in about a week at transfers. We will have to wait and see. I love the play pen, but a change of scenery wouldn't be bad either. 

Nothing huge happened this week. More teaching. No investigators at church. We are trying hard though. They will get there. President Brown is now putting a big emphasis on finding and teaching through members.  Missionaries are simply there to help the members teach their friends. It is not our  job to find. We can't always be there for our converts, but if the missionaries are simply helping, the members will always be there as a support to their friends. Then we can all share in the wonderful gospel together. 

Christmas list- I would appreciate some jack johnson, mumford and sons, bryan adams, billy joel and some new ink pens. Music is an amazing thing. And I miss it so bad. I need something other than EFY songs to listen too. Of course there is dancehall music blasting all over the place here, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of that either.

I love and miss you guys. Take care,
Bless and love,
Elder Pullan

*Names of converts have been changed.  Daniel sent a great picture of him at the baptism, but we aren't supposed to post pictures of converts without their permission.  I could not crop the other people out of the picture.  I will email the picture to family members, but if you would like to see it please email me and I will forward the picture.  


This picture is of Elder Fowkes holding his bike seat. He rides with his seat really high because he is tall. His stem broke the other night, so he had to ride all the way from Juno standing up. We tied the seat to his bike frame with scandal bags to get it home. Its a jamaican ting mon.  (Wikipedia: Scandal bags are what Jamaicans call the polythene bags which supermarkets use to pack groceries. They are given that name because their translucent quality often allows people to discern what groceries they contain.) 
Our Risk game. Which I happen to be winning. Yes.  (This picture is in reference to his letter last week, in which Elder Fowkes was sick for several days and they found a Risk game in the apartment.)


No comments:

Post a Comment