Monday, November 17, 2014

week #27 - Linstead

Hey Fam!

I have been here in Linstead for a VERY long time.  Transfer calls will be on the 29th of November, so that is when I will find out.  There is a 99% chance I will be going.  I am excited to see where.
I have really enjoyed serving with Elder Jernigan.  He has helped me to focus some of my ambition and progress the work a lot better.  My training him was no mistake.  I will be sad to leave the companionship in a few weeks time. 

Last Monday evening, we went over to Sis. Rattigan's home for family night.  Upon arriving, we found that Tuesday was "Hat Day" at the school they go to.  We immediately offered our services and spent the next while cutting and gluing with the kids.  It was a lot of fun.  The hats were a success.  I will send a picture. 

At our house, we have started a wall on which we tape facts related to the question, "Who is Jesus Christ?".  We have really enjoyed beginning to compile facts on every aspect of His character.  He taught beautifully.  His teachings are far deeper than any philosopher or man that has ever lived. He clearly states time after time that He is the Son of God.  Jesus Christ was no mere historical figure.  His birth has been the central figure by which we judge our years.  Jesus was either who he claimed to be, or the most wicked man that has ever lived, leading away millions into a false religion.  The only way to know these spiritual truths for ourselves is through reading, pondering, praying to our Father in heaven and asking him, and through doing His will so that you can see the blessings that come.  Answers will come by the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost will come most times as feelings in our hearts and thoughts and impressions in our mind.  They are subtle, but powerful.  Pay attention to them.  Learn to recognize them.  As you do you will find that you cannot be misled. 

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has helped me to become the man I am today.  I am so grateful for the support and love I receive from my Heavenly Father each day.  I know it is true. 
Remember- "This is life eternal, to know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3).  The better you understand our brother, Jesus Christ, the better you will understand our Father.  The better you understand the both of them, the better you will understand your purpose in life.  I would encourage you all to give it a study.  I know that it will help you all to build your faith.

As for the rest of the week, the other missionaries had a baptism on Sunday.  It was great to see. The man that got baptized' name is Alexis.  He was a little nervous before it, but felt great afterward.  He looked so happy.  It was cool to see. 

I don't think anything else happened this week of note.  I have been really busy.  Working hard.  I am doing well though. 

Nathan- When you tell someone you are going to call them here, you say "mi a link ya." 
Lydia- They don't celebrate halloween or thanksgiving here.  It is kind of depressing, but good at the same time, because you don't even think about them. 
Dad- Usane Bolt actually was not that tall. He seemed about as tall as me. He was a lot smaller than I thought he would be. 

I love you all!
Love, Elder Pullan




No comments:

Post a Comment