Tuesday, February 17, 2015

week #10 - Kingston

Hey Fam!

Thanks for all the birthday presents!  The Swarm shirt Matthew made looks great!  I am impressed!  I really like the tie I got too.  I have worn it a couple of times already.  My birthday was good.  I was able to avoid getting floured, and we went out for lunch.  Other than that, we didn't do too much.  I will make up for the missed festivities a year from now. I was able to tell someone that I was twenty years old the other day... It was strange.  I sound old, but I sure don't feel it.
 
We had district meeting on Wednesday.  We discussed using Family History as a finding tool.  There seems to have been a huge focus on that from the church lately.  It is definitely important.  We have been using it this week to find.  It has been cool to see how people that may be uninterested in the church are able to begin to take part by taking an interest in Family History.

I had an interview with President Brown on Friday.  It was really good to speak with him.  It always is.  Transfers are next week, and I think I may be leaving.  I will let you know Monday.  This transfer likely will determine the area I will die (finish my mission) in.  Time has gone by so fast.

I gave a talk on missionary work in church on Sunday.  It went really well.  I shared about the restoration of the gospel, how we are part of the only true church, and what that means for us.  I committed everyone to ponder and pray about who they know that they can share the gospel with, and reiterated the promise given to us by the Lord in D&C 100 to them. The spirit was able to guide me and I could tell that the point was made.  I am so glad it went well.  I could not have done it on my own. 

Elder McGregor and Elder Beck got there patriarchal blessings this week.  Jamaica finally has a patriarch, so they were able to get it done.  I need to go back through my own blessing to gain direction for my life.  It is such a blessing to have such a blessing.  Haha.  I hope you all caught that one.    

You asked about Sis. M's conversion.   I will sum it up to you as fast as possible (with the time I have left).  She is 16 years old.  She is the younger sister of a recent convert.  We began to teach her something like two months ago.  She had been taught before, but just wasn't ready.  Elder McGregor and I talked her through all of the lessons.  She did a pretty good job of keeping commitments, but still had some doubts as her baptism date drew closer.  A week before the baptism, she told us that she was not going to get baptized.  We frantically tried to say the things that would help her to do otherwise.  The spirit was able to guide us and we committed her to fast and pray about it that Sunday.  She did, and she recieved her answer a few days later.  We were so happy for her.  We could see the light in her as she progressed, and now that she is baptized, she is just beaming.  She received a calling this week.  She is the Laurels president or something like that now.  She was really happy to get the calling.  We are so excited for her. 

I love you all.  I want to tell you about E. McGregor, but it is going to have to stay for another week.  Suffice it to say that he is awesome. 

Have a great week!
Love, Elder Pullan.


No comments:

Post a Comment