Monday, March 2, 2015

week # 11 & 12 - Kingston

March 2
Hey Fam, 

Great job on the plays everyone!   You all look so good.   I am sure you did great. 

This week was transfers.   Elder McGregor headed to Santa Cruz, and I received Elder Mecham from Yalluhs.  Elder Beck is now training a newbie named Elder Evans.   Elder Mecham is from Pleasant Grove.  He has been out for almost as long as I have, so we both know what we are doing.  We have been trying a lot of new things over the past few days and trying to figure out what is effective.  We are going to do a lot of good work while we are together. 

We had an investigator come to church this last Sunday.  Sis. F was able to come for her second time and has really been enjoying it.  She is in her early twenties. We have been able to see some huge changes in her over the past few weeks.  She excited to learn more.  She is making changes in her life. You can see the light in her, and she is excited to get baptized.  We are working towards the 21st of this month (baptism date) with her now. 

This week has been a good one. vWe rode to the email shop in the pouring rain this morning.  We plan to go and shop, and then I will probably go back to the house and play guitar.  I have finally found my instrument!  I know that makes you happy mom.  All of your efforts are paying off.

I love you all! Have a great week. Pray for snow next season!
Love, Elder Pullan

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Feb. 23
Hey everyone!

This week has been full of missionary work.  As usual.  And I can't really think of anything to say for it. But it was good.  It always is. 

Transfers- We played some football (soccer) on Saturday morning.  We always get transfer calls on Saturday mornings.  The call came in the middle of our game.  I am going to be staying here in Kingston!  I wasn't expecting this, but I am good with it.  It is from the Lord after all.  Elder McGregor will be going to Santa Cruz.  I will be receiving Elder Mecham from Yalluhs.  Elder Mecham has been out almost as long as I have, so it should be fun to do some great missionary work with him.  He should know what he is doing by now.  I doubt that I am going to die (finish my mission) here in Kingston. Coming transfers will tell though.  You never know.

Elder McGregor is from Old Harbor.  His mother has been a member for a long time.  He and his younger sister got baptized about three years ago.  He had to give up a few things to get baptized, but he says it was worth it.  He was very prepared to receive the gospel when it came to him.  He was in Alma in the Book of Mormon by the time he got baptized.  He says that that is what his testimony comes down to (as it does for all of us)- The Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is undeniable evidence that this gospel is true.  I can add my witness to his.  The Book of Mormon is true.   I know it, I live it, I love it. 

We had zone meeting on Wednesday.  We talked a lot about finding and setting goals.  It is always encouraging to go to zone meeting. 

I have been studying through the Christlike attributes in Preach My Gospel lately.  They are great. They cause you to evaluate yourself and become better.  I would reccomend it for all of you. 
Great job/good luck on the plays everyone!  I am sure you did/will do great!

I love you all!
Elder Pullan 

Nathan- There are no seals or sea lions in Jamaica unfortunately. It is too warm for them here. There are a lot of fish and lizards though. Jamaica also has mongoose, and many rastas that consider themselves "lions".

Me and Elder Mecham

just another beautiful flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment