Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas! (for real)

Merry Christmas everyone!

First off, I would like to thank everyone for the gifts they sent me. The elders in my apartment have enjoyed eating all the christmas treats. The books, money, and cards I received were all very nice. I really enjoyed the christmas tree notes from everyone! 
Grandma and Grandpa Pullan, thanks for the treats and mini christmas tree. It really helped to put us in the Christmas spirit. 
Thanks for the treats Aaron and Melody and fam. 
Thanks for all the good dried food and the book grandma and grandpa molen!
Thanks fam, for all the treats, the wonderful chex mix, the exercise stuff, ties, and anything I am forgetting. It is all much appreciated and has made for a wonderful christmas. 
If it wasn't such a pain, and I had the funds, I would mail some gifts back, but I guess you will just have to wait another 18 months instead.

My story of the week:
The AP's picked us six May Pen elders up in the 14 man mission bus on Thursday to head to Mandeville for our christmas party. Upon reaching Hunts Pen, where two of the May Pen elders live, we found we had a flat tire. We whipped out the jack and spare tire and set everything up, only to find that our jack was broken. So what do 8 elders (two of which are half Samoan) do with a broken jack and a flat tire on a 14 man van? The answer was obvious. Lift the van. So that is exactly what we did. We lifted the van and got the tire changed. We didnt even lose that much time in doing it. Just another epic jamaican story for you. That is how we do it down here. Welcome to JA my friends.

Thanks for the email Rachel, Dad, and Lydia. Your poem is great dad! You are really talented when it comes to writing. My writing on the other hand... is going downhill quickly. I am going to be so dumb when I get back from jamaica. Oh well. Just another side effect of patois and jamaica.

Have you set up your own skype account? What is your skype username and email?
I will be on around 11 to 2. We will have to see. I will email you before, and we can figure it out.   I don't really have a ton to say this week. It can all wait until I can talk to you guys. I am looking forward to it! 

Merry Christmas everyone!

Bless Up,
Elder Pullan

No comments:

Post a Comment