Monday, April 7, 2014

week # 14 - Montego Bay

Hey Fam,

This week has been great! Conference was awesome. I hope that you guys enjoyed it as much as I did. There really was something in there for everyone, but you won't get it if you sleep through it. Lesson learned. Advice for matthew- Dont sleep through it. Simple and proved true every time. 

I already wrote Rachel on what I got out of conference, so I will just copy it over from her letter to yours for the sake of time. 

"Conference was great. I loved Elder Holland's talk right at the beginning. The theme that I got out of Conference was- Batten down the hatches and prepare for hell. There was a talk about dealing with persecution in every single session. I have the feeling that it is going to get bad real soon, and we are going to be the ones who have to stand strong in the storm. The other theme I got out of it was exact obedience, and time management. All of our efforts must be focused on that which yields good fruit, whether that is becoming influential so that we can fight for the faith on a large scale, caring for our families and friends and taking care of those cherished relationships, or building our testimony. There is no time to be wasted in this short life. Every minute must be spent adding to the person that you will ultimately become. That is my conference insight for you. I am interested about the themes you got out of it too. I am sure it was different from mine because we all gain insights through revelation that applies specifically to us."

We got a lot of good investigators out to conference. I hope that they were all able to feel of the truth of the messages shared. I can add my testimony that all that was shared truly is inspired of God. It was profound, needed, and each individual draws something totally different from conference. Now the key is to apply it. Conference does nothing for us if we do not act on that which we have learned. So, begin praying for missionary opportunities! And make sure that you are ALL studying your scriptures daily, praying morning and night, and attending church. Continue to build your faith. It is of incredible importance at these times. Remember, this is an endurance race, not a sprint.

This week must be spring break for you guys! I bet you will have a wonderful time at grandma's. Tell her hi for me. 

I am really jealous that you get to go to the Getty. I love the Getty. That is an incredible place. Make sure to draw a picture for me if they still have the area where you can draw a sculpture. I could wander the Getty for days without tiring. I will have to make a trip back one day. 

Now have a great day in sunny California! I bet it is nice and warm there. Probably not quite like mo bay, but warm all the same. You will have to send me some pix from spring break! I love you all! Take care everyone!
Love, Elder Pullan

****************

Daniel wrote this in his letter to Rachel:  I don't know if mentioned that I was proposed to last week by a chubby middle- aged woman.  It was crazy!   It is definitely not just me that gets proposed to. I may get it slightly more frequently because I am a decent looking guy, but if you are white, it will happen. Jamaicans love white skin. Instead of tanning, they try to stay as light as possible. The browner the better for them. It is odd in contrast to our "get tan" attitude. They also are well aware of the fact that life is far easier in our wonderful country, and would like to get up to america or canada one day.

****************


Hey Nathan, thanks for the reminder about flat stanley. I will make sure to do that for sure. 
I have around 450 days left on my mission right now. It will fly by though. I am glad you are doing so well!
How is your patois coming? can you chat yet?
Unu haffi practice if unu waan fi chat right. It'a tek some wuhk my yute.
Unu gwaan fi git it dough. 
Thanks for the email nathan!
Love, Daniel
MERRY GENERAL CONFERENCE FROM THE MO BAY DISTRICT!
Wid love, from JA (jamaica) to you

No comments:

Post a Comment