Monday, September 15, 2014

week #18 - Linstead

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to disappoint, but my trainee is still in the states.  His Visa has not cleared yet, so I am still waiting.  I am currently in a tripanionship with Elders Biddulph and Kemp.  I love the both of them, but I still am not a big fan of this whole tripanionship thing.  It has been really hard to try to juggle two areas at once.  We have found varying levels of effectiveness over the past week.  I really hope that my trainee gets through.  If he does not in the next few days, he will probably visa-wait for a transfer in the states, and I will stay in a tri for the next six weeks.  Wish me luck.

I was able to give a talk in church on Sunday.  We had been asked to do it for next week, but Friday night we received a phone call and the news that it would actually be this Sunday.  I prepared on Saturday, decided I didn't like what I prepared, and rewrote the whole thing on Sunday morning.  I spoke about conversion.  I compared conversion to a screw.  With each application of the Gospel of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism/sacrament, Holy Ghost, Enduring to the end), the screw turns.  Over a lifetime of consistent effort, this screw will eventually be driven so deep that it cannot be removed, except by our own rebellion.  I felt like I did a really good job.  I just hope that some people were able to learn and grow from it.

Daniell is a little shaky right now. She went to her "other church" today. Pray that she might be able to get an answer to her prayers. I really hope she makes it.

All is well.  Don't get sick anymore lydia.  That's no good.
Mom- Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great one.  Thanks for being such a great mother to me.  I didnt realize how great a mother you are until I got to see how most other people live.  I could not be the person I am today without you.  Thanks mom.  I love you.
Take care this week fam.
Love, Elder Pullan

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hi Nathan-  Here is some more Patois for you:

Wat'gwaan mi ghetto yute?
Do mi haffi write unu inna di straight patois? Mi nah no if unu is gwaan fi undastand di 'ole ting. Gud luck m' yute. 

Mi have taught menny menny peeple ere in Jamaica. Mi luv it ere. Mi 'ope unu get fi serve ere or somewhere else wid lizzawds too. 

It sounds like you had a great time in Seattle Nathan!   The lake sounds like fun.  How is school going for you?

Love,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment