Monday, March 9, 2015

week #13 - kingston

Hello Fam, 


This week has been pretty good.  I don't have too much to say... Everything begins to blend together after a while.  It has been that way for me for the past year.  So bear with me. 

We went and did some service over at the Hamilton's last week.  We have been helping Sis. Hamilton plant a garden.  We went over with machets and cleared the back corner of her yard, then turned the soil (with machets).  We bucked up on a huge nest of red ants while we were doing it.  The red ants here are huge.  They get half an inch long, and their bite can make you bleed.  We burned out their home and I escaped without a bite.  Sis. Hamilton's garden is looking really good now. 

Elder Mecham and I have done some really good work this week.  We have found a lot of people, and we have been working with our members.  We have taken a few of our members out teaching with us and that has made all the difference.  The testimony of a member makes all the difference.

Sis. F didn't make it to church, so we had to push her baptism date back.  I am sure that she is going to make it though.  She is becoming converted now too.  It is so cool to see how people's thoughts and behaviors change as they come unto Christ.  He truly makes it possible for us to become our very best selves.  He has helped me to become a much better version of myself over the course of my mission.  I am so grateful for the changes that have happened in my life.  The mission has shaped me into someone who will be able to govern myself and live a happy successful life.  I am so grateful for it.

Elder Beck and I went on trade off on Saturday.  At the end of the night, we bought some drinks from a local shop and sat on the curb to make some calls.  A big man walked up right next to me.  I looked up and watched as he teetered back and forth.  This large drunk man took a seat next to me with a drink in his hand and an unlit cigarette in his mouth.  I could smell the rum on his breath.  He began to explain to us how he wants to quit drinking and smoking, but he doesn't know how.  He told us all about the issues he is having with his family and told us that he wants to be happy.  We offered the atonement of Jesus Christ as the answer to him.  We walked him back home and set up a time for us to come and visit (when he is sober).  I was glad that we were able to help him so much that night.  I hope that he has the same good intentions when he is sober.  Elder Beck will soon find out (he is serving in the area). 

I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that this is Jesus Christ's true church here on the earth today.  All truth necessary for salvation is found here.  Stick to the gospel and you will find joy.  Convert yourself and you will be able to help all of those that are around you.  When we hand our lives and wills over to God, he makes much more of us than we could ever make of ourselves.  I know this to be true.  I know Jesus is our Savior.  I know He lives. 

Everything is going well. I hope that you all can say the same.
I love you all very much. Take care of yourselves. 

Love,
Elder Pullan

No comments:

Post a Comment