Tuesday, March 31, 2015

week # 15 & 16 - Kingston

Monday, March 30
Hello Fam, 
This week has been pretty good.  We had zone conference on Tuesday.  Elder Martinez of the Seventy came to address us.  He is a great teacher.  He teaches so simply that you cannot misunderstand.  He talked a lot about being effective in our work.  We had pizza for lunch, then watched Meet the Mormons.  It made for a great day.  It was awesome to see some of my friends and old companions that are serving in other areas.  
The signs of conversion that we look for in people is in the simple things they do.  Do they come to church?  Do they read their scriptures daily?  Do they pray? Other than these things, you can feel the light in them.  There is a feeling around someone that is becoming converted.  Seeing the before and after is so cool.  They are always happy and have that light about them.  
We were able to have a pretty effective week as far as lessons and teaching went. We have been working with our members a lot lately.  That is the most effective way to do this work.  
Elder Mecham and I got chased by a rainstorm today.  Many people here have zinc on their roofs.  When rain hits zinc, it gets loud.  Elder Mecham and I could hear and see the storm coming from a mile away.  We managed to evade it for a bit, but eventually got caught.  It rained hard for about two hours.  We were soaked and a bit cold for the rest of the day.  I love the rain though, so I am not going to complain.  
I am excited for conference this weekend.  I love to hear the words of the Prophets.  The guidance that they give is from God, and it is priceless.  We need to do everything we can to listen, learn, and apply what we learn in each session. This will lead to safety.  There is a great story in Acts 28? about Paul sailing on a ship to Rome as a prisoner.  It is a great illustration of why we need to follow the prophet.  Take a look at it! 
Sis. Hamilton showed me the video of me chopping that she sent you. I am glad you enjoyed it. There is actually a lot of technique to that. You will have to give it a try when I get home.  
I love you all!
Love, Elder Pullan

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Monday, March 23 
Hey Fam, 
This week has been pretty good.  I don't have to much to say for it, but it has been good. We have put a lot more focus on working with our members this week.  It has been pretty effective.  
Sis. F is back on track for baptism now.  She set her own date and is now working towards the 11th of next month.  She came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I am really looking hard for signs of conversion now.  I don't want to baptize anyone that is not converted to the gospel.  She seems to be back on track and doing well though.  I am so excited for her.  
We took a new convert, Sis. M, teaching with us this week. I love her so much (in a perfectly appropriate way.  You will know what I mean when you have a convert.  Haha). She is awesome.  
We had a cottage meeting over on Sis. W's roof last Saturday evening.  We had a lot of people there (the member to investigator ratio was not the best) but as a first try, it went well.  We watched the restoration movie and had a short testimony meeting.  We had some pepsi and chips as a snack.  Everyone that came really enjoyed it.  It was great.  The members here are fantastic.  
The smoke has cleared up a lot, although the fires are still burning.  They actually started another fire last week to keep di ting bunnin.  I am sure that if people knew who was causing the fires, most people would start a mob and beat them to death.  I am not kidding.  They would.  It is a risky thing for them to be doing.  
I started writing a song this week.  It is one of my first attempts, but I like it.  It is not done yet.  I will show you one a dem days deh.  Soon come.  
I am glad that you are all doing well. Keep up all the good work. 
Stay safe. Remember who you are. You know the drill. 
Love, Elder Pullan
Working in Hamilton's yard with the machete.

Sis. Hamilton

The garden area after clearing it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment