Monday, February 3, 2014

Montego Bay - week #5

Hello everyone,

I have too many messages to read this week. Wow. 


Well, my week was uneventful. It was one of the rougher ones of the mission, but now I am on to bigger better things. 


Last Monday, Elder Hall, Jerome, Remario, and I walked to freeport. I was a long walk, but the view was beautiful. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the big tourist resorts have now blocked off the beach, so no, we were not actually able to see what we had gone their for. After that, we hitchhiked in the back of a flatbed truck back to the main road with a bunch of jamaicans. It is a common thing here, but us white guys did get some weird looks doing it. It was entertaining. 


Today, we are going to go to the wall of the dead. We didn't have time to get over there last week, so no pix yet.


I really wish I had more to tell you about. We did not have a whole lot of progress with any of our investigators this week. Just more Word of Wisdom problems coming out. Not uncommon here in Jamaica.


We went teaching with Allison a couple of times this week.
We also took Romario and Jerome out a couple of times.
We had an entertaining Law of Chastity lesson with an 18 year old kid last night. Allison, Jerome and Romario were all there too. Details don't seem necessary, but to sum things up, the kid we were teaching seemed more worried about getting AIDS than anything else. If the law of chastity keeps you from getting AIDS, I can't argue. Just another wonderful reason to follow it. 


Church this week was good. We had a great fast and testimony meeting. Montego Bay has a very, very strong branch. I love serving here. The city is a very unique place.


Elder Hall is a funny guy. He is a bit of a goofball, but is a good missionary. He is from Alberta Canada and is a great companion. He is teaching me how to serve others better. He is good at that. 


Matthew- The play looks like it was awesome. I am glad you were able to do it. I am sure you did a great job. And you are going to play rugby? That will be a lot of fun. You will be good at that.
Lydia- People speak the same language here as they did in May Pen. It is just little different in the city. It is not too much of a change though.
Nathan- Yes general. W'appen? una gwaan fi sen' me some valentines dee presents? Me gwaan weet fi dem. Tanks.
Dad and mom- Thanks for the help and support. I love you guys.

I love you guys!
Take care.
Love, Elder Pullan




Back of the flatbed truck

Jerome, Romario and our investigator Davain - on our way to Freeport

Oh, Jamaica!

Freeport

No comments:

Post a Comment