Thursday, August 7, 2014

week #12 - Linstead

Hey fam, 

This week has been pretty good.  Transfers happened on Friday. My new companion, Elder Runyan is awesome.  He is a great missionary and an incredible teacher.  We are going to have a lot of fun together.  It is a shame he only has six weeks left.  We are going to work hard with what we got.  My new district is great.  It is mostly the same, but I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone here.  

I don't think I have all that much to report on otherwise.  I am just enjoying the time I have here.  Elder Runyan has a guitar that works.  He plays all the time.  I may drop a likkle money and get one for myself.  Learn some more skills before I get back.  We will see. 
I dont have any big news on our investigators. We are working with a lot of people and trying to help them along the way. 

I was studying conversion this morning.  Conversion is a process in which those with righteous desires are able to build their faith through studying, coming to church, and keeping other commitments, finding out if the gospel is true, and then change their lives accordingly.  This change comes through the application of the gospel of christ which consists of faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, then enduring to the end.  True conversion comes later on after trials and testing.  A good show of someones conversion is their desire to share the gospel.  With what we have, and all the joy it brings, How can we not share?

I  love this gospel. I know it is true. I am going to try and live up to my potential.
I love you all.

Have a great week! I seems like the last week was a pretty good one for you all. Enjoy my mountain home for me.

Love, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment