Wednesday, January 21, 2015

week #6 -Kingston

Hey Fam!


My week was pretty good.  But first, to catch you up on last week, I will tell you a bit about downtown.  I went on trade off to downtown with Elder Fowkes last Saturday.  Downtown was sweet.  Each scheme was complete with tight winding streets, zinc fences, grimy canals, and burning trash.  It is a totally different world from the uptown.  I had to shift back into Patois mode because people chat raw down there.  It was everything I had hoped for.  I enjoyed having a final debut with Elder Fowkes.  He is home now.

This week has been really good.  We were able to have a lot of good lessons with our members and investigators.  We managed to get quite a few of our members out with us to lessons, and have started to teach some of their friends.  That is the way that missionary work becomes effective.  Missionaries working with members to teach their prepared friends.  We have a few that I think will choose to make the step of baptism sometime in the next month.  I will keep you updated. 

We did some service on Saturday for a lady in Seaview Gardens.  We worked with some members of the ward and some paid workers to mix concrete and lift it bucket by bucket up to the roof of the house.  We casted the roof.  This entailed standing in line passing bucket after bucket of concrete up to the roof.  It was hard work, and we were pretty tired by the time we finished.  It took a lot longer than we anticipated. 

This Sunday was ward conference.  We got to hear from our stake president, President Lieu.  He is an incredible teacher.  Everything he said was easy to understand, and undeniably true.  I want to get to the point where I can teach like that one day. 

Great job on your talk dad!  It sounds like you did a great job.  I am excited to hear it.  
It would be best if you sent it on CD mom. 

I am doing well. I hope everyone is good there too!
I love you.

Elder Pullan

No comments:

Post a Comment