Tuesday, January 27, 2015

week #7 -Kingston

Hello Everyone-

My week. It feels like we did a lot, but I really don't have too much to say for it. 

One highlight was our investigator, Sis. Mitchell.  She is a teenage girl, the sister of a recent convert.  We have been teaching her for a while now, but she was beginning to fall off the map.  We weren't able to catch her for a couple of days, and we were worried that she was making herself disappear.  Investigators tend to do that when they are getting close to their baptismal date, but don't feel ready.  We were a little worried about her, but we were able to see her at the beginning of the week.   When we saw her, she told us that she received her answer!  Those are some of the best words a missionary can hear.  You can't really comprehend them at first.  After they sunk in, we began to discuss her baptism and all that will need to be done in preparation. 

 That is one thing I love about our church.  People must prepare for baptism. People have to know what they are doing before baptism. People have to know it is true before baptism. People must be worthy to be baptized.  If they are not ready, we do not baptize them.  Other churches don't do that.  My past year and a half here in JA has given me quite a bit of insight on other churches.  It has only increased my testimony that ours is the only one with the full truth.  

Sis. Mitchell is now excited to be baptized. I  have been able to see the changes in her as we have taught her.  She is truly experiencing conversion.  It is still the same Sis. Mitchell, but she seems so much happier.  She has more light and purpose now.  If all goes well, she will be baptized on the 8th.  I will keep you updated. 

I got to go on a trade off with Elder Beck this week.  He is our new District Leader.  I received a lot of good reminders on how I can improve my teaching.  Elder Beck is a great missionary and I was able to learn a lot from him.

To close for the week, I have been reflecting on how much I have grown since I got to JA. I have grown and changed so much.  My understanding and character have increased exponentially.  I also feel that the more you improve, the more aware you become of your imperfections.  I still have soo far to go.  I want to be so much better than I am now.  I am going to work my hardest to change as much as I can in the time I have left.  The time I have left on the mission is short, and I intend to use it well.  I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the chance we all have to change and become better.  To change and become perfect.  I hope that we will all apply ourselves and change as much as we can to become our best selves. 

I love you all. 
Stay safe. 
Love, Elder Pullan

Nathan- There is no snow here, unfortunately.  I don't have any pictures of lizards right now. Sorry.  My apartment is small. 2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom, 4 guys.  Did you enjoy skiing last week?
Lydia- Nice job skiing. The play sounds like a lot of fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment